Monday, 21 May 2012

Back to Focus! & TT !!!!!

 
Under 5 weeks to go, less than 1 week to start of TT and nearly 2000 kind page views.  Following the weekend and the great Race the Sun event its now time to get back and focus on the big day.
Like I said I have had nearly 2000 page views to my blog interestingly over 100 page views on my post Stitched Up and nowhere near as many on my post Free Drinks!!!! strange very strange! people love seeing a bit of gore !!

With TT just around the corner and long days and nights ahead I'm hoping that I can get out between work and sleep, I'm sure I can.  I am not going to go crazy with long fast distances like I have done over the past couple of months.  I am sure I have the miles in my legs now, confidence is high and just now looking forward to getting my teeth into my main challenge for the year.

I absolutely love TT, the build up, seeing the first lorry in the paddock, watching all the workmen painting kerbstones, putting up safety barriers and then the first bikers arrive!!!  The island really comes to life there is a real buzz to the place.  There are some real characters that pay good money and visit here to see great racing, entertainment and generally have good Craic.  Of course they come here to ride as fast as they possible can which sometimes ends in sadness and loss, I just hope this TT is fatality free.


I do not ride motorbikes but every TT without fail I think its a great idea to get my CBT done and get out there on the open road, I did try a moped once and nearly totalled it and me about 0.25 miles away from my house as I attempted to negotiate a left hand bend with a 4x4 travelling the other way who had to slam his brakes on.  Sorry if you were that driver!!!!!  That and the time that a bike travelling at ridiculous speed along the course near Lezayre church did exactly what I did, wrong side the road, obviously overcooked it and narrowly missed my vehicle with me and my two girls in, How he missed us I will never know.  So when I get thoughts of getting a bike I just remind myself of those two things!!!!  I will stick to my jetski and the water although it has been the most expensive coat / hat rack that I own not having been on it for ages!!!!!! This will have to be remedied after TT and the Parish!!!!!!



I have heard that this TT the Blades air display team will be doing a show over the fortnight, this will please my mum as she and my brother had the need for speed and went up with them a few weeks ago, Tom Cruise eat your heart out!! I like to keep my feet firmly on Terra Firma!!!!




 Stats to date show that I have burned 63,405 calories, travelled 540 miles in 4 days 19 hrs at an average speed of 4.6mph and burned 117 burgers!!!! (only 117 depends which burgers that stat is based on!!!!!)
average pace 12mins 50 secs, and finally 0.022 trips around the world and 0.002 trips to the moon!
Thats it Im off for a short 5 miler to loosen up from Saturdays efforts and I shall repost over the next couple of days with the official timings of Race the Sun 2012.

KRO.......

























1 comment:

  1. Will be interesting being on the Island for our first TT x

    ReplyDelete