Then over the past few days its been the final preparations at work for TT.
The sun has most definitely got its hat on and its set to continue into practice week!!!! Lots of smiles for that!! A heatwave would be great for the next two weeks I'm not so sure about the sun cracking the flags on Parish day!!! If I could order the weather it would be dull overcast, with a slight breeze not too hot, not too cold and no rain!!!!!
Friday soon came along and it was arranged last minute that I would meet my brother and now fellow walker Dave at the Grand Island at around 9am to do the Maughold Loop, When we arrived in Ramsey it was hazy sunshine but at least you could see the swing bridge and way beyond which was more that can be said for the day before. I wasnt going to mention it but seeing as Im going on about the weather I will. Stepping back a couple of days whilst at work on Wednesday it was decided that Thursday would be Jetski day. I was very excited about this prospect as I hadn't been out on mine for ages. Now my track record with getting out on the ski has been poor this has been down to stupidity and bad luck!
Stupidity = Arranging to get out on the ski, not having used it for a couple of months, connected the battery trickle charge up to the ski BUT forgetting to switch the power socket on, result = battery flat as a pancake, blissfully unaware get to the slipway to launch and surprise surprise it wont start.... solution = out on the back of The Coaches!!!
Bad Luck = Arranging to meet The Coach and G at the slipway in Ramsey after not checking the tide times correctly result = no water in harbour unable to launch in 1 foot of water!!! Solution = Off to Douglas to launch shortening ski time!!!! This has been countered balanced by another trip when we got to Ramsey and there was TOO MUCH water in the harbour and as a result unable to get under the swing bridge!!!
So back to Wednesday night having arranged with the Coach and G to head out on Thursday morning from Ramsey. Realising that I hadn't got a vehicle to tow my ski as I had sold my Ranger only the week before, not a huge issue as Coach had offered to take my ski to the harbour after dropping his off.
Gutted wasn't the word! Unfreakin believable!!!! Anyway as I had work in the afternoon I went home to lick my wounds and get ready for work whilst G and the Coach headed to Mist free Douglas for a play. Pleased though because I have been told that they had a really crap time and I would have hated every minute, they wouldnt lie to me!!!
To rub salt in the wounds even more was that afternoon I was working in Douglas and there were at least five jetskis out in the bay, again they looked like they were having an awful time!!!! So the Polaris Coat rack stands idle again in my garage, I am hoping to get out during TT but I wont hold my breath.
Back to Fridays Walk, the three of us all set off along the promenade at a reasonable pace, the first couple of miles were a constant 13 minutes which continued to be honest for most if not all the way round, This was 3/4 of Team Newbies, which was sadly only missing Mark who was working! Up into Maughold was lovely but it was getting hotter and hotter and my liquid was running out fast!
Ballajora was a massive task, it did seem to go on and on and on, I'm holding onto the positive that it wont be bright sunshine and hot when we get there!!!!! although it will be V Tough in any weather conditions!!!!
The Slog up to the top of the Hibernia was tough but was great coming down from the Gooseneck as the mountain road was closed due to TT preparations. We got into Ramsey and back to the vehicles in a very respectable 2hours 40 mins for 12 miles with an average speed of 4.5mph, Tired but all feeling happy with our achievements due to the heat. The only slight problem I had is hard skin on my big right toe, I'm thinking its a corn but hoping its not, it is tender to touch so need to sort that quickly, anyone with any quick remedies I would be grateful if you could let me know.
Sponsorship is coming along slowly but surely, Any pledge for whatever amount is great, if you would like to sponsor me please leave me a message, text me, fill in form at MSPCA or just speak to me :) Thank you for all of you that have sponsored me so far.
A new country added to the list of my audience is Argentina, welcome and thank you.
I will be off out tomorrow with my brother for 6-8 miles and that will conclude this weeks efforts, not long to go now less than 4 weeks!!!!!! In fact 27 days 18 hours, 37 mins and 30 seconds to be precise as of now 13.25hours on Sat 26th May!!!! It doesn't seem like five minutes ago when it was over 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally I have added the below song for a few reasons, the first one is obvious, secondly I haven't been listening to music this week whilst walking so haven't really got a song of the week and finally my football team the Mighty "championship" Brum Army used to come out to this song on match day.
Until next time Enjoy the weather and KRO.........
No comments:
Post a Comment