I need to get back into the swing of it and get out training as I'm sure that the E2E (End to End) walk will be upon us before we know it. Training starts Monday following a weekend set of late shifts at work and to be fair I'm quite looking forward to getting "back in the saddle!"
Sponsorship is still coming in and to date stands on just under £1000!!! I cant believe it to be fair at least £200 more than I thought I would get, If anyone would still like to donate its not too late give me a shout and for those of you who still owe me money please can you get it to me as soon as you can or Ill send the heavies round!!!!!!
During the past three weeks since the Parish I have eaten everything, drank far too much, exercised little to none, been to a fantastic 100th birthday and ate and drank some more! I will be signing up for the End to End very soon. for those of you who don't know this is the fourth and final challenge for the year. The End to End is a 39 mile race from the North to the South starting at The Point of Ayre Lighthouse and finishing in the Cregneash.
This will be a great end to the year if I complete it and even better if I complete it in a good time.
This week I have got my Parish Walk Trophy engraved, I contacted a chap called Malcolm Smith from Manx Rockcraft and Celtic Engravings who was brilliant, I dropped both mine and my brothers trophy off to him yesterday morning and by the afternoon he had finished them, he has etched my name, position, date and completion time, looks ace and very reasonably priced at £6.75 each. I would highly recommend him to anyone, great service and great product. This has now gone back on the mantelpiece, lets face it I wouldnt want to get it mixed up with next years trophy!!!! (Obviously should I decide to take part!!!)
So thats about it, remember if you owe me money please cough up, if you want to donate please contat me and look out for my further posts of training for the End to End!
Remember its Never the End......... KEEP RIGHT ON!!!!
Hi Tony
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are still in the land of the living - those war wounds will be with you for a while but are a great reminder of your achievement! The engraved trophy looks brilliant, I'm well up for getting that done.
I started back training week before last, slowly to start with but Thursday I did 4.6 flat miles in 46 mins and today I did the same distance but with hills in 52 mins so pretty happy. Heel is still niggling, but is no longer bad enough to put me off.
Started circuit training on Wednesday, and I still can't sit up unaided - my upper body and abs are soo weak.
Are you doing the Ramsey 1/2 next weekend??
One of my mates keeps telling me to do an unofficial End to End blog, dunno if I can be @rsed.
Ed
ReplyDeleteGlad your still reading !!! :) War wounds - brilliant! Looks like your well and truly back in the saddle! Im not doing the Ramsey 1/2 next week as Im working nights so wouldnt be best prepared finishing 4 hours before it starts! but I will be in Andreas cheering people on I will look out for you matey!!!
I really wanted to do it as well but with work and not doing anything for 3 weeks I feel it will be too much - definately next year!
Go on do a blog it helps focus the mind I think! plus its good reading and uplifting for complete novices like me :)
I look forward to reading your first entry next week :)
I might just do it then.
DeleteStrained my back today in the garden - typical, but should be ok to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow night. Got so much catching up to do.
Hopefully see you Sunday.