Saturday, 28 July 2012

Red Red Wine!!!



That's it two weeks of solid sport, four years in the waiting, seven years in the planning and we are off!!!!

I just love Olympic fortnight, I would watch Olympic tiddlywinks if that was a sport, anything goes and practically 24/7 sport! Brilliant.

On Olympic opening night the wife and I had been invited round to our relatively new neighbours for dinner and copious amounts of wine.  Jill had indeed cooked a treat and John didn't disappoint with the wine, a lovely little tipple called El Bombero, now I'm no wine critic or connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination but El Bombero is a red wine which is soooo palatable, smooth and V Tasty! Nice one John my head isn't thanking you this morning though!  Great company, lovely food and tasty wine made for a wonderful evening, thanks both was cracking! (I know they read this!!!)
This morning I did have a hangover however not the normal thick head when Ive been drinking red wine, I just felt under the weather, tuning straight into the Olympics this morning I could have quite easily lay on the sofa all day until work this evening.  I got up for my second cup of tea and thought I must get out for at least four miles!!!
I got my stuff together made an well needed energy drink up and headed out for the short loop I have got to know really well over the last seven months!
You could tell I wasn't with it and El Bombero had made me forget to take my mp3, I only noticed after the first 1/2 mile but wasn't going back for it.
The route was pretty uneventful and I got back within 50 minutes which wasn't a bad effort.  I have now eventually added this loop to Endomondo so I can race myself now, Endomondo now tells you weather conditions which is another little add on that will be helpful to Analise things in months to come.
So this week was another 9 miles added to my tally for the year which currently stands at just under 700 miles in 73 work outs, burned 83198 calories, 0.28 trips around the world, 0.003 trips to the moon, burning 154 burgers (which never sounds alot!)  I have walked for 6 days 7 hours with an average speed of 4.54mph.

Off now to watch Cav win the Gold hopefully but will leave you with a pretty apt song from fellow Brum Boys !!!!  Before the music boffs contact me I know UB40 only covered this from Neil Diamond but they reached number 1 in the US &UK (and Neil Diamond isnt from Brum!!) Its predictable but as I hadnt got my music on today for my inspirational song its the best I can do in the circumstances!.

KRO..........




No comments:

Post a Comment