Sunday, 22 July 2012

Whats that coming over the hill?????

This morning I woke with a fuzzy head following a couple of bottles of vino and several bottles of Carlsberg green. For no apparent reason other than it was Saturday night and my first rest day.
Needless to say that I felt pretty crap this morning, I had planned to go out for a four mile walk but just couldn't face it on waking up.  I was soon onto my second cup of tea for the day within thirty minutes of surfacing and all I could see was Douglas Promenade, me and my brother and the Parish Walk sign from my new mug, I cant believe I was bullied into going for a walk by a mug!!!!!
I got changed quickly so as I didn't change my mind and sorted my drink and music out soon I was ready to step out.   The only thing left was to put on my socks, now I'm sure there is a one legged sock monster living in our house! In fact the monster must be right footed also.  I could not find anywhere a right footed sock! people might find that statement strange but with 1000 mile socks and Hilly Twin Skin socks there is a left and a right foot!!!
I eventually found a pair and donned my trusty trainers and headed out towards the pub, it then dawned on me that it was the Northern marathon & 1/2 marathon, it was 915am and I was sure that it had already started, not wanting to get inbrawled in it I turned right and headed out towards the top of the Lhen, looking at doing 4 miles again to ease myself back into training.  The first mile was again quick 12mins 28 seconds and again felt great, I got quicker and quicker knocking out 12mins 15 secs, 11 mins 56secs and 11mins 24 secs for the next three miles, again I was on for 5 miles in an hour.
As I entered Andreas by the school I got caught up with the marathon runners and felt slightly uneasy walking next to them for reasons unknown, I quickly turned right up Leodest Road to get home and door to door was exactly 5 miles managed in 1hr 7 seconds, 7 seconds short happy with the time but gutted i didnt break the hour!!! maybe nextime ! :)

I then went off down the road to cheer on some of the runners / walkers and managed to catch a chap from work running passed and a short time later Parish Walk blogger Ed Walters both of whom were looking really strong.  Well done to all that took part, it was perfect conditions.
Part of me thought that due to my training walk this morning I could have completed the 1/2 marathon quite happily but last week didnt feel as if I could, what a difference a few days make. 

So to sum up this weeks efforts 2 workouts, 10 miles in just over 2 hours not bad for the first couple of outings since four weeks ago.

I will be still taking it easy for the next couple of weeks but hope to get out for around 15 miles a week 2/3 workouts stepping it up as we get ever closer to the End to End.

Hangover  = Distant memory!!!!

KRO



XXXXXXX UPDATE XXXXXX

I forgot to mention about the total Spartan performance by the Sky Team over the past three weeks especially Wiggo, Froome and the Islands very own Cav.  Absolute Class, this afternoons finale was stunning, Well Done Cav and Well Done Wiggo.  This will set them up nicely for the Olympics!!!!! (Hopefully!)







No comments:

Post a Comment