Sunday, 19 August 2012

Back To Business!!!

After not having a lot of time recently to either train or to write a post I have finally got things sorted and its back to it.  Ive been a bit lazy really!!!
The Olympics is now already a week over but in its place the footy season has started which means that summer is officially over, not that we had one in the first place!  Another tell tale sign that Autumn is nearly upon us is The X Factor / Celeb BB and the BBC advertising its new dramas.
This weeks walking efforts have totalled just over 11 miles I have also been swimming and have had two efforts at Sean T's 25 minute Insanity work out (Fast & Furious) which is an explosive, hard going workout, I hated doing it but loved the feeling after!!!

I am trying to now get out for around 15 miles per week leading up to the End to End which is in just over 34 days time.  I'm not worried, nervous or apprehensive about it at all, I am going to enjoy this and use it as a cooldown to a great productive and successful year!

I'm looking at starting running this week as well mixing it all up to build on my cardio side.

This mornings walk was pretty tough considering the amount of beer, wine and spirits consumed last night!  Its my wedding anniversary this week of 14 years! so we went out last night for a meal and drinks.  It was all very nice but I was suffering this morning.  Nothing really of note happened during the walk, it wasn't raining ! like it is now and weren't too many people around, although several UK bikes came passed me at warp factor 9 on the Jurby road heading down to the Lhen! Love Grand Prix and TT time!!!!
I have been trying to walk at an average pace of 5mph but today I wasn't up for it and to be honest it was
more like a stroll, I was dehydrated and felt sick for some of the way, Will be laying off the booze for a while, I wont be saying "Never again" as I would be lying !!!!!!  I must have smelt lovely and I apologise to a work colleague Derek who cycled passed me if he rode into the haze of stale beer and wine!


Today's inspirational track that kept my tired hungover legs going is below. 

 


KEEP RIGHT ON!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment