Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Jurby the Windy Capital!!


Having dropped the kids off at school I headed out towards Blue Point passing famous landmark Ballalaugh the former home of Sir Norman Wisdom and then out to the Lhen towards HMP Jurby or The Jurby Hilton as its also known!!!  Heading up towards the Prison from the Lhen I was met by a blustery headwind, this continued all the way to Jurby where I turned left towards Sandygate, now a headwind is nothing in my opinion to a cross wind and the strong crosswind was from Jurby Stores to Sandygate, Jurby is so open and crossing the old runway was a nightmare still at least it wasnt rain oh... wait....... yes it was!
I then ran the gauntlett with a silly old doddery man at St Judes who had nearly 1/2mile clear unobstructed view of me from his Black Toyota Auris coming the other way but still proceeded to miss my left arm by i would say no more than 2-3"!!!!!!!  A few choice words were shouted towards him as he drove on his merry way probably totally oblivious to what had just happened!!!! What an AURIS!!!!!!!!!
Still managed 12.5miles in 2hrs 43mins though so happy days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment