A few things happened to give me a boost, my knee niggle (I refuse to say injury) was on the mend, and resting it was obviously doing the trick but doesn't help in my preparations in any way!!.
My new 2nd pair of trainers came, exactly the same as my other ones which after 400 miles have had a battering but thought I would bite the bullet and get a spare pair. The second thing was my new walking partner arrived, the Sunnto Ambit is in the building!!! what a cracking watch, its not only a watch its a 50hr GPS, a compass, lap counter, mile counter, stopwatch, water proof to about a mile I reckon!!! but it actually tells the time!!!!! :0 This was part of my birthday present which is coincidentally is on Thursday! Its a brilliant bit of kit and I wanted to get out with it asap to give it a whirl!
The other thing that happened was I read Ed Walters Blog, no not the post about sore nips although that looked awful, very informative though, I meant the post about Fortitude, if you haven't read it then if your looking for some inspiration and a bit of a boost then give it a skeet. Thank you Ed its just what I needed to get back on the road again, and hope your nips are healing!!
With only 11 weeks to the big day and little over 2 weeks to my first challenge of the year the 30 mile of Sara Killey I am feeling more mentally and physically prepared. I just hope that on the day I am at a peak of fitness and my mental state is focused with a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude).
I have various songs on my Ipod shuffle which comes out everywhere with me, I would like to share some of my upbeat songs that really get me moving and is fitting with the title of this post!
Anything by David Guetta on the decks is great, what a great little Frenchman he is I just love listening to his mixes!! And yes at nearly 37 I like that type of music always have liked the dance scene although I cant dance!!!!! So here it is song of the week is below
So the week started at a low but has finished off ok, with three workouts and 20 more miles under my belt and in my new trainers which just for note were like walking on air! I was quite pleased, next week will bring a mixed bag of some light training, swimming in Liverpool and pamerping myself in steam room, sauna followed by drinking copius amounts of wine and beer to celebrate my birthday and winning pots of cash at the GG's!!!! Off to Ladies day at Aintree on Friday with the wife, brother, sister in law and the old man!!! should be a giggle! Hopefully a local horse can win the National again it would make me a bit of moola should it do the double!!
So there wont be much to report about next weekend other than nursing a hangover which the week before the Sara Killey I could do without but it will still give me just over a week to get straight again! :)
Until Next week.................
No comments:
Post a Comment