Sunday, 15 April 2012

T-Minus 7 Days!!!

So its 1 week to go till the first test!!!!, this time next week I will hopefully be at home relaxing following the completion of challenge 1 for the year!!!!
It has been a busy week and to be fair its been a bit of a blur with one thing or another, I did actually get to walk this week, last tuesday and wednesday which were two fast outings of 7.62 miles in 1hr 30 mins and 5.16 miles in 59mins.  It felt great well on tune, I had cut the mileage down from previous weeks as a deliberate act in preparation for the Sara Killey.
This weeks favourite walking tune (above) was another track from my little French DJ  - Monsieur Guetta with Titanium. Its a reeet chooon!!! love it love it love it!
Tuesday evening was a curtain raising event for my birthday with my favourite girls having cooked dinner and got birthday cake which was lovely. Wednesday i would rather forget and i wont dwell on it or say anything else about it! Thursday (Actual Birthday) I was at the airport first thing with my lovely wife for a trip to Liverpool.  After meeting close friends not seen for too long and the old man it was pub time with the occasional trip to the bookies with the girls doing the shopping thing!!!  Following a great evening meal with more drinks and great company it was up fairly early to prepare for Ladies Day at Aintree.  Joined by my brother and his wife it was off to the horses with the wife and my father.  Corporate hospitality in full swing it was a great boozey affair which to be fair didn't do anything for the training unless walking from the table filled with booze to the bookies and back counts!!!!!
Brilliant couple of days sadly no winners at the races  :( and third on the Grand National hasn't made me a millionaire, I was only back on Island a matter of a few minutes when I was dads cabs to the NSC with the Eldest Daughter competing for Rhumsaa, she swam like a fish at the last League match of the season of which I am very proud of her as she has worked really hard over the past couple of months, I was knackered though putting it down to the heat at poolside rather than two full days on the beer!!!!!
I was determined to get back into the swing of things and start preparations for next weeks test, I didn't want to overdo it and go miles and miles but wanted to do at least 5.  Organised with my brother to get to mine and we set off to walk to his house in Sulby,it ended up being nearly 6 miles in around 1hr 15mins, not bad considering my state a couple of days prior!
So there will not be too much to chat about during the week as I am just going to stretch and get hydrated ready for Sunday AM.  The next time I update will be the results from the Sara Killey, I can say that I am a little nervous or apprehensive but intend to enjoy it, I have just seen Country Files Weather on BBC1 for the forthcoming week which looks pretty rubbish to be honest but it does only show up to next Friday, so fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment