Sunday, 1 April 2012

March & April Fools!!!

 

Its not long now!!!!! Till challenge number 1 that is (Sara Killey) I have a trip to Aintree before that which I am taking R & R.  I feel I have been overdoing the training recently and a trip to the doctors proved that.  Ear & throat infection turning into Man Flu of the worst kind with me having the shiniest red nose for a couple of days.  This, training and work on top which was a busy week in itself made this week fly by!! Ever closer to being 1 year older and my first test of the year.
I still managed to clock 30 miles at reasonable paces even when I wasn't feeling on top form, I also have been suffering with a knee niggle and that hasn't helped either, I have been told by numerous people (The wife included!) that I have been doing too much with a combination of training, work and family life taking its toll!!
I have now taken heed of this and will be more sensible in future and not be a fool!.
It was great to get out with my Bro on Friday for a stomp around Sulby, Ballaugh and Jurby, We haven't caught up with each other for a couple of weeks so was great to talk after his argument with a client on the phone at the start of the walk, Apologies to the people of Ballaugh if your peace was spoilt whilst a mad man was shouting down his blackberry!  We managed to clock 5mph, I was trying to get away from him and he was obviously so angry and in the zone he stuck to my heels like glue! :0
Following a conservative 4 1/2 miles this morning with my eldest on her bike as pace maker, I saw two guys coming into Andreas obviously out training too, everywhere I look recently people are walking!!
The first cut of the grass happened today, I do not look forward to this day as it always takes me twice if not thrice as long, but a trip to the Grosvenor for lunch hit the spot nicely!!!!!
This morning first thing I got up early had to get out to walk some dogs but before I left I woke my two girls up and told them it was time for school and to get changed, which they did!!!! "APRIL FOOLS!!!!" The wife wasn't impressed and nor were my offspring I left the house still chuckling to myself, in fact still chuckling about it now!!!!!!
This week I was also asked to join a team with my brother to Race the Sun, This takes place on 19th May sat in between the Sara Killey and the Parish and makes up challenge 4 for me this year!!!!!!! Details and Vid below about Race the Sun, I'm quite excited about this especially if its a nice day like when this was filmed!

                                 


Endomondo Stat Time - 
Since January I have clocked 400 miles of walking in 3 days 14 hours burning nearly 45,000 calories which equates to 83 burgers!!!! with 0.016 trips round the world and 0.002 trips to the moon!
 So Anywhoo off to put my feet up its been quite a busy few days with one thing and another, I will be taking it easy as I say now until the Sara Killey, I think I'm ready in fact I know I'm ready !!!!!!

PS I forgot to mention, I didn't get to the Walk Talk due to working :( I did however follow it on the Internet and it seemed like i missed a great evening, looked very professionally put together and some sound helpful  advice being given out to people from the professionals who gave up their time, Massive Well Done people!!
Those of you who missed it please find below -









No comments:

Post a Comment