The 3rd of my yearly challenges is practically upon me, Its all now up to mind, legs / feet and weather!!!!!
I am looking forward to it, I'm nervous as hell but cant wait to start.
My mind has been focused on other things this week with my youngest ending up at Nobles with a broken arm! Lets hope its the last time I see nobles certainly for the foreseeable future - fingers crossed!!
Right down to business, This afternoon I have made up my drinks consisting of 30 bottles of high-5, I have made my delicious soup which is now ready to be transferred into flasks by my lovely wife.
I am still undecided on kit to wear from the off, presume that will all depend on tomorrow mornings weather, if it is anything like today I will be stuffed as I havent got a snorkel/mask or flippers!!
I have got a wetsuit though.....thats hardly used but I wont go on about my lack of jetskiing!!!! :0
Theres nothing like putting a challenge on a challenge firstly the distance of 85 miles is challenge enough, then theres the weather......great if your a Giant Isopod but for us land lovers its a bit of a pain really, Then of course theres the issue with my soggy sandwiches!!!
I'm not going to let the weather ruin / spoil or put me off completing this walk, I haven't trained six months to jack it all in, I shall be giving it my best shot to get to the finish, anyway as we all know who live on the island that the weather can not only change overnight it can change within a few miles, plus when we start heading into Jurby the suns bound to shine, it always does up North! I was going to put raindrops keep falling on my head on as the music video but thought I would go electronic rock with Garbage a truly awesome tune! - Play Loud and Enjoy!!!!!!!
Enjoy this as well!!!!
Right the next time I post anything the Parish will be over for another year, I have enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts, experiences, highs and lows and I thanks every single one of you who have read a page, I just hope that you enjoyed it as much as I have writing it. I would also like to thank anyone who has given me advice, help and suggestions again the list is long and distinguished and includes two of this years Official Parish Bloggers Ed Walters and one of the favourites for this years title Richard Gerrard! not forgetting Darren Gorry who features on the inside cover of the programme and one of last years finishers - Good luck to them and indeed everyone who is taking part wherever they finish!
Thank you in advance to my So Solid Support Crew (sounds a bit gangsterish!) and my brother / best mate Simon who will be my rock throughout the hard times ahead!!!!!!
Off to finish last minute preps before taking my stuff to my support driver and depositing my dogs in kennels before sitting down and resting till tomorrow! I may be back on later if I have forgotten or have anything else remotely interesting to post! ! !
Until the Next Time - Keep Right On!!!!!!!
Thanks Tony - glad you found the blog useful and I've enjoyed reading yours.
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow and with all the traing you've put in you'll get round fine. Shame about the weather, but looks a bit better for the morning.