Its was a bit of a weird day yesterday, I will start off with a song, Ocean Colour Scene a top band from my part the world, they even used to play in my local The Hare & Hounds in Moseley, Birmingham!
The song that gave me a boost today whilst walking and getting my first blister since Sara Killey!!!!! (more on that later!!!!) This is a top tune from the album Moseley Shoals by OCS called The Riverboat Song which coincidentally featured in TFI Friday on Channel 4 many years ago! (Top programme from the 90s!)
So getting in from my last training walk yesterday of 8 miles I was a little down and disappointed with my blistered heel!!! This makes me nervous for the big day!!! The walk was nice, great weather, no aches and faster than race pace it was just marred by my new addition which hopefully will disappear by race day in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!! I went onto a famous social networking site and was tagged in a photo from when I was 16 playing rugby for Moseley!! Spooky very Spooky! I haven't spoken to this chap who posted them on line for around 18-19 years all very weird, from that photo two more friend requests were sent again haven't spoken to them for many many years!
Anyway enough of me taking a trip down memory lane and back to the present and the future!!!!
With just under 600 miles under my feet in 6 months, numerous highs and lows, good times and bad it comes down to 24hours in just 10 days time, lists prepared and most items obtained its just a waiting game!!!! Its a week of stretching, keeping muscles supple, getting mentally prepared and getting totally hydrated.
Unfortunately I have also lost my right big toenail, it came off yesterday prior to my last walk, although I have absolutely no pain with it but it looks shocking!! That has been the result from the Sara Killey walk, the nail has sounded hollow since but I didn't mess with it and haven't up till it fell off as I was putting my sock on to go out. This isn't the kind of preparation I wanted, toenail, blister, sore throat and antibiotics what next?? hopefully nothing and it will all go swimmingly!
I finish my antibiotics today and to be fair I fell 100% better than this time last week!
I would like to say thank you to all the people who have given / offered advice, help, donated to MSPCA and generally supported me throughout the past 6 months on the build up, I do appreciate it. I would also like to thank my wife and girls who I have woken up at stupid oclock, been out of the house for hours on end and who have put up with my moods when things werent going to plan, again I really appreciate it and I cant wait to see their faces when I come across the finish line!!!
So With TT now finally over I will leave you with two tunes that have been played during and that I seemed to hear quite a few times during the two weeks.
Catch you all next week with my 50th and final blog post before Parish Day!!!!!!
K R O!!!!!
Coldplay & Rihanna and below that The Saturdays 30 days.
Hi Tony
ReplyDeleteMake sure you treat that blister. Have you got Compeeds??
This close to the big day, I'm afraid to say it won't be completely healed, so the best thing to do is get it drained, get a compeed on it, and then it's likely that you will need to compeed it on the day for protection. Don't worry though, exactly the same happened to me before the End 2 End in 2009, and i had a massive blister on each foot - but compeers did the trick. Under them were probably the best part of my feet after the walk.
Good luck.
Ed
ReplyDeleteGutted to be fair mate absolutely gutted but I have been treating it, and there is time yet for it to "heel" more than it is today!!! (sorry for the pun!)It was just all going so well and i feel a bit deflated at the moment, Am trying to be upbeat but I think that the nerves are kicking a little, Hows you anyway, I hope you are going to be match fit for next saturday!!!
Good luck if I dont see you or speak before the start line and I will see you at the finish line!!!!! :)
Cheers
Tony
Regardless of what happens, you're going to get blisters, it's just how you deal with them. If it's still sore on the day, definitely compeed as this will protect it. As people have continually said to me over the past month, the training is all in the bank now, so just take it easy and let it heal.
ReplyDeleteAll good here, foot is coming on a treat now and done some good sessions this week. Had another physio session last night and booked in for a sports massage next Weds. It feels a little worse today but I expect that's because of the 'work' done on it. I'm expecting it will settle back down in the next couple of days, and barring any disasters will be good to go in 10 days.
Hopefully catch up beforehand, but same goes if not. Look out for some last minute 'tips' on winning the mental battle in my next blog.
Ed