Sunday, 5 February 2012

No Ice Cream!

Strange Day today, Yesterday was a day off, rest day from walking, family time, nice meal & couple of glasses of wine with the wife and trash telly before going to bed early.  I was awoken by my alarm at 0345 to start work at 4!!!! :( What a horrible time of the morning during winter, I love this time of the morning during the summer months with the sun coming up the odd drunk making his way home or doing the walk of shame!! This morning was different, cold, damp and it was an effort to get motivated.
After a very "productive" shift i got home at 11 and got changed straight away before i lost the motivation and vegged on the sofa in preparation for the rugby!!!  I had promised my girls that i would treat them to an Ice cream at Peel so I headed off infront of them leaving Andreas behind me and made for our RVP at Bishops Court, Endomondo had told me it was exactly 8 miles.  Apart from a pack of motorbikes near Quarry Bends one of which popped a wheelie coming out of the bends which to tell you the truth left me thinking if he loses it Im going to have to jump into the nearest thorny bush it was fairly uneventful!!!
The first two miles were painful I had tired legs and my shins hurt but then i got quicker and quicker knocking out 13.23, 13.20, 13.01, 12.58, 12.41 with a top speed of 5.93mph.  As I approached Bishops Court I could hear a horn sound behind me and I could see three gorgeous girls pull up along side me offering me a lift! Well who could refuse!
I did have to buy the ice creams though! I didnt partake in the lovelyness that is Davidsons I had a Latte!!! It was a quick walk along the prom back in the car and home, shower and feet up infront of Ireland v Wales!!!! Great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. So you went for the new shoes and no blister problems since? You mention the shin pains again. Are they hurting for a shorter length of time or still as bad? Perhaps you should ask one of your colleagues who was a sports therapist in a previous life to show you some exercises? Also has been a PW podium finisher even if he did get beaten by a lady, so he should be able to help you;). No doubt he'll get his own back on me for this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael
    yup went for the new shoes definately worth the money!!! so far touch wood I havent had a blister, the shin thing was for a shorter length of time but to be honest I put it down to not warming up properly as well. Thanks for your interest though and your comments. I think i will probably need more helpful advice on training and the lead up!
    Cheers again

    ReplyDelete