By the way if you havent yet seen or read Eds blog get onto it straight away, a fantastic read, very entertaining, you can reach his Blog via the official Parish Walk website (Parishwalk.com) Obviously click on it after you have read mine!!!
I did have all good intentions of getting up before 5 on saturday morning and going out for three hours giving me pretty much a whole day after, The alarm was set but then 5 minutes before it was due to go off at 4.45 I suddenly woke up to the sound of rain battering against my bedroom window and the wind was strong, to be honest Im dedicated to the cause but not stupid!!! My good lady wife who was awake by now turned to me and said "I thought you were going out" my quick reply was "nope not today!" And with that I turned over and promptly fell asleep having a lie in till 830!!!!! (unheard of in our household!)
I did think to myself for one split second that because I had failed to go out that my motivation may be dipping Far Far from the truth!!!!!
So today Sunday a day of rest oh no!!! I had arranged for another Parish hopeful Paul to get to mine at 8am. I was running late, up just before 7am off to the Prison to walk some dogs, collect poop and clean kennels which took me longer than expected, I then had to get home feed my dogs and clean kennels, quick walk by which time Paul was on the drive ready to go. As quick as a flash I got changed, filled water bottles and we headed out of Andreas towards Sulby. It was a crisp, clear, clean morning, quiet and tranquill, snaefell and the mountain road was white with snow ontop. The pace was quite quick but very manageable and enjoyable having said hello to a few road bike fanatics we headed to Sulby Bridge turning left to Ramsey. Before we knew it we were in Ramsey walking passed the Bakery and heading up Bowring Road, feeling great no pains in my legs Brilliant!!!!! The conversation was flowing and it felt like I blinked and was at Vondys!, Left towards Regaby was a very quick two miles and the next two were fast as we approached Andreas.
Getting home in 2hrs 54 for 14miles with an average speed of 4.7mph, top speed of 6mph!!!! I was really happy with this effort. This weeks total stood at 31miles and to be honest was 30 miles more than I thought I would squeeze in due to work committments.
So 18 Weeks and Counting!!!!!!!! Tick tock tick tock........ 
Well done, Tony. Keep it going :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael, was aiming to do between 30-40 miles per week and hoping thats enough!!!
ReplyDelete