Firstly I must say a big thank you to those of you who are following this blog, even though one is my mother, the other is my Godmother and one my support driver!!!! Plus two professionals in the sport, I value all your support and helpful advice!
Heres a quick question for Ed, your magic watch will it run for the length of the parish??? Is it a GPS one? in fact if you could let me know which one it is i would be most grateful.
Right onto todays episode, I thought i would start with the hills as the North of the Island is fairly flat!, After dropping my girls off at school I headed into Ramsey and parked at the end of the prom by the old Grand Island site. The wind was very strong and cold this morning and i would describe it as well bracing!!!! I cant swear too much now my mum reads this!!!!:0
So Off to Maughold I went, rising up on the coast road again for the first couple of miles was agony! i put this down to not warming up properly!!! I felt groggy and slow! but soon found my pace again and i was on the rise up to Maughold, thinking i had beaten it when passing the church heading down the hill i forgot about Ballajora!!!!!! this was a shock to the system but it was head down and legs pumping i reached the top, the scenary is breathtaking and it had nothing to do with the hill i had just conquered! Turning right and heading for home i worked the opposite muscles of my legs down the rest and be thankful, by this time i was feeling great and had a spring in my step along the prom back towards the car! Stats for the day 11.80 in 2hrs 34m, with an average speed of 4.6mph, i have to date burned 33 burgers so Endomondo says!!! I enjoyed today, the views amazing now i know why i am a stop over here!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment