So off to Peel we went not seeing anyone on the way, it was dry, mild morning feeling like the first day of spring.
Parking outside the Police Station we got ready, decided that there was no need for head torches and jackets to be left in the van due to the mild weather, finishing my protein shake and sorting my GPS out forgetting to stretch and warm up!!!!
Bang on 630 we started heading out the way we came in passing the Chippy up the hill towards Ramsey. We commanded the middle of the road as they was no traffic, people, animals or anything around, It felt like a ghost town, deathly silent apart from our marching footsteps. Again the first mile / mile and a half had my legs in not pain but uncomfortable stiffness, I again put this down to not warming up !!!!! I am an idiot really and shouldnt moan about it as its completely my fault! This uncomfortable feeling does wear off as i say around 2 miles in and today was no exception, We were tramping on at a fair pace putting in reasonable timed miles, i vowed to myself that I would go easy on my longer walks but this was not the case today!
As we walked along the coast road with the sea which looked like a millpool I couldnt help thinking that I should be out on my Jetski, yup instead of my Ski being used as an expensive coat rack it should be on the water at max speed between Kirk Michael and Peel!!!! Alas no another day of not being used :(
Talking about anything and everything from the pending Cup Final this afternoon which really I have no interest in other than I hope the Scousers beat the Welsh but I wont lose any sleep over the result!
Before we knew it we were in Kirk Michael in 1 hr 22mins happy days, everything felt fine and no niggles, pain or blisters!! Paul had said that we were going to walk up to the church gates at Jurby like the day of the Parish, I just dont like walking back on myself or retracing steps that I had already done but I know it has to be done and for the record its further than I thought!!
Passing the prison on the right it was homeward bound and the next four miles were fine as I have walked these on a regular basis knowing distance between landmarks, cracks in the road, corners and road surface!
We motored up the hill at the Lhen and headed down Leodest Road finishing in Andreas under 4 hours (3hrs 58mins to be exact) for 18.40 miles with a respectable average speed of 4.6mph. My legs following a hot shower are stiff but not painful and again no blisters!!! (Thankfully!)
That brings my weekly mileage total to 36 miles, well happy with that, next week is a cardio week with maybe another Maughold Loop trip and another long one at the weekend.
So Im not totally mad even though the good lady thinks im madder than a mad hatter for getting up at stupid o'clock, I now have almost the whole day to play with safe in the knowledge that I have loads more Miles in my legs and feet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment